Wednesday 10 December 2014

gingerbread

Now im usually very late when it comes to Christmas decorations etc (well everything really!) But this year I decided to get into the festive spirit early(ish) by making these cute gingerbread.



I used the recipe from BBC food, and might just have to applaud them! The dough is perfect although I found a few issues with the baking... you have to roll them a little thinner than it states (I would say around 3mm) or they do spread! This alters the cooking time and I found 10 mins was plenty. I also made 45 not 20 as suggested by their recipe! But I would recommend this recipe to any beginner as some recipes can be such a faff, melting butter and syrup and getting in an awful sticky mess when you discover it hasn't set properly!
I always dread making biscuits for the family as they can be quite critical, but these have defiantly got the thumbs up.

 Couldn't resist using my duck cutter so decided to give one a christmas hat!

I love this tree cutter

A selection of the 45 I made... the work top was a little crowded shall we say....

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh I love this. I shall be making these this Christmas :)

    I am quite the fan of your bakes on Instagram to (I'm melanie.marvels). Can't wait to see more.

    Mel xx http://melaniemarvels.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete